IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guests, read this to find out why you can't see most topics any more.

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GB Terminology
CapnKJ2
post Apr 17 2009, 01:43 AM
Post #41

The Paladin of GBGL
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 152

IGN: Capnkj2
GBNA:
Main: Lightning

Clan: None

I know I was a bit harsh but I just don't think that the programmers of Gunbound actually thought people would draw out graphs and charts just to get a hit. I'm sure they didn't expect people to use calculators while shooting lol.

The reason I don't believe that formula takes talent is simply because once a tried and true formula is out, it's just a matter of plugging in variables. Anybody can do that. HOWEVER, creating a formula is an entirely different matter...that takes some dedication and intelligence...not sure about talent though.

Hope that's a more fair way of saying my opinion.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Htd
post Apr 17 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #42

Stone Hammer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,225

QUOTE(CapnKJ2 @ Apr 17 2009, 01:43 AM) *

I know I was a bit harsh but I just don't think that the programmers of Gunbound actually thought people would draw out graphs and charts just to get a hit. I'm sure they didn't expect people to use calculators while shooting lol.

The reason I don't believe that formula takes talent is simply because once a tried and true formula is out, it's just a matter of plugging in variables. Anybody can do that. HOWEVER, creating a formula is an entirely different matter...that takes some dedication and intelligence...not sure about talent though.

I always see posts like yours. Who says form players always hit...lol? Get an all form trico or fork user and have them play on maps other than miramo, most likely they will fail. It takes more than forms to be consistent.
+Quote Post
PUTOOOOO
post Apr 17 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #43

Red Dragon
Group Icon

Member No.: 543

IGN: PUTOOOOO
Main: TURTLE

QUOTE(pf4ugc4 @ Apr 16 2009, 08:21 PM) *

you either guess it based only on experience/gut feeling (feel), or you use an equation that points you in the direction of the result (form). agree?

since you say forms are equations you finally agree land marks are not formulas and that there are people that use Experience/gut feeling AKA land marks and wind adjustments with out equations? emot-colbert.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
There are no borders to ingredients - Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
Let the ingredients rest in peace - Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
Don't struggle to be different just for the sake of being differen t- Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
Respect the old and search for the new - Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
+Quote Post
BaAaZoOoKaAa
post Apr 17 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #44

GG Nubs
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,129

IGN: BaAaZoOoKaAa
Guild: GG
Main: Trico

well if u really think about it..if ur not measuring dont u feel your displacement from the enemy? and you feel the power. just something to consider. i personally dont think measuring is formulating (because a formula is literally an equation)

physics relates to gb because the shots travel in an almost parabolic manner. if there wasnt a fixed formula behind gunbound, your first shot (lets say angle 70 at 0 wind) will be 3 bars and your second shot may be like 2 bars.

im not really any1 to clarify this cuz imnot like some ultra gb god or something (none of us can, actually). and for the physocs, ull have to ask some pros like lichking mashin mishigne or something
+Quote Post
CapnKJ2
post Apr 21 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #45

The Paladin of GBGL
Group Icon

Member No.: 152

IGN: Capnkj2
GBNA:
Main: Lightning

Clan: None

QUOTE(Htd @ Apr 17 2009, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(CapnKJ2 @ Apr 17 2009, 01:43 AM) *

I always see posts like yours. Who says form players always hit...lol? Get an all form trico or fork user and have them play on maps other than miramo, most likely they will fail. It takes more than forms to be consistent.

Wait a sec, maybe I'm retarded (I am tired right now) but did I say Formula players always hit? If it sounded that way, I definitely didn't mean it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2019 - 09:53 AM

Mocha v1.0.3 Skin Designed by
Web Design by Bytech