IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guests, read this to find out why you can't see most topics any more.

> The Concept of Formula
pf4ugc4
post Mar 18 2009, 01:46 AM
Post #1

Wooden Hammer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 847

IGN: ugc4
Guild: PF4
Main: nak

I believe this is a new era on gb, where formulas are becoming more and more popular, developed, and necessary. But nobody really takes the time to look deeper into the concept for formulating for gb, so i've taken the first step in this almost essay-looking explanation of it. This will not just help "noobs who do not know how to form," this will help everyone (even though some may already know everything that i am about to say, at least it will help them think into it deeper). Lastly, please please PLEASE do not spam this topic; I want to develop this game, so please respect that and respect me by not posting shit like "fake" or emot-words.gif "forms are for noobs" (if someone does, dan please keep an eye out? thanks buddy, u know where im coming from, and i think u'll support this fully). thanks!!!

There are various types of formulas that one can use in GB. Before I list them, consider the factors that are involved in formulation:
- angle
- power
- wind
- elevation (vertical position)
- distance (horizontal position)
- time
Essentially, formulas put all these factors together into simple hit-your-target-on-GB results. Once you play around with those variables, you get a number of types of formulas.

So without further due, here are the types of formulas for GB:

- Fixed Angle = uses one angle and one angle only; add/subtract power depending on wind, elevation, and tornadoes. Example, fixed angle 35, fixed angle 50, fixed angle 70, etc.
(comments on this formula: this type is the most accurate type of formula, but it is more time-consuming.)

- Fixed Power = uses one power and one power only; raise/lower angles depending on wind, elevation, and tornadoes. Example, fixed 3.0 power, fixed full power 4.0, fixed 2.5, etc.
(comments on this formula: this type of formula is usually ineffective because of distance. since you change angles up and down and not power, it generalizes a wide range of angles. However, it is faster to calculate.)

- BJSL = uses one base angle and one base angle only; raise/lower angles depending on wind, elevation, and tornadoes. Example, 70BJSL, 80BJSL, 60BJSL, etc.
(comments on this formula: this is similar to fixed power, and likewise it is not the most effective type of formula, but it is better than fixed power. It is the easiest to calculate).

- Fixed Timing = uses one timing and one timing only; raise/lower angles + add/subtract power depending on wind, elevation, and tornadoes. Example, Fixed Timing for Turtle TimeBombs/SkyBombs SS (2.14 seconds).
(comments on this formula: this type of formula has the potential to achieve as much precision as fixed angle formulas, or even more, but it usually does not because those who make these usually generalize a group of angles and a group of powers. This formula is more complicated and more time-consuming than all of the above).

----------------Those are the main types, the following are rather useless or just unheard of----------------------

- Fixed Angle + Power = uses one angle and one power; distance is automatically altered by wind, elevation, tornadoes. An example would be if you wanted to use 70 3.0 for all your shots. This formula would essentially tell you where you need to be in order to hit your targets with that angle and power all the time.
(comments on this formula: helps you think outside the box because the changing variable is distance, not the usual stuff. And, i mean, if you have move hack, you could use this formula!)

- Fixed Angle + Timing = uses one angle and one time; power automatically altered by wind, elevation, tornadoes. An example is if you wanted to use angle 35 and wanted it to be on the air for 2 seconds and 2 seconds only. This formula would essentially tell you what power you need to use for your angle35-2second shots.
(comments on this formula: there is no practical use for this formula, but you could use it to tell people "that is right, I only use angle 70 for 3 seconds")

- Distance-based Timing = uses different fixed timings depending on different distances; angle and power are automatically altered by wind, elevation, tornadoes.
(comments on this formula: complicated and time-consuming, yet it has the potential to have great precision. A common problem is again generalizing a group of angles and powers into one wind chart)

- Distance & Wind Based Timing = uses different fixed timings for different distances under no wind, but those timings are affected by wind. angle, power, and time are automatically altered by wind, elevation, tornadoes. Example, Trico shot 2. This formula essentially tells you the angle and power that you need for your shot to have its wind 0 timing based on the distance that your target is at.

I believe that would be it. Any questions, concerns, or comments? If there is anything you can contribute to this attempt of categorizing formulas, please do so.

*not mentioned in this topic: methods of formulating for specific formula types.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
pf4ugc4   The Concept of Formula   Mar 18 2009, 01:46 AM
xDemonessx   this pretty much slaps the feel vs forumula thread...   Mar 18 2009, 02:05 AM
pf4ugc4   thanks for the prompt response :aaa: and though n...   Mar 18 2009, 02:19 AM
xDemonessx   thanks for the prompt response :aaa: and though ...   Mar 18 2009, 03:00 AM
mezz   You just got spammed by an Administrator. How does...   Mar 18 2009, 06:14 AM
pf4ugc4   i'll just ignore and address the valuable post...   Mar 18 2009, 01:39 PM
mezz   i'll just ignore and address the valuable pos...   Mar 18 2009, 03:50 PM
xDemonessx   i would have to totally agree with james, the only...   Mar 19 2009, 01:04 AM
pf4ugc4   mezz, does that chart only do turtle shots or fixe...   Mar 19 2009, 01:24 AM
mezz   mezz, does that chart only do turtle shots or fix...   Mar 19 2009, 02:48 AM
pf4ugc4   i see. and in terms of timing, how much difference...   Mar 19 2009, 04:08 AM
mezz   i see. and in terms of timing, how much differenc...   Mar 19 2009, 05:24 PM
PUTOOOOO   this is how I view trico's shot 2 its not abou...   Mar 19 2009, 05:22 PM
Longleaf   So fixed timing could be a relatively accurate, bu...   Mar 19 2009, 06:17 PM
PUTOOOOO   how does a timing method contribute to elevation ...   Mar 19 2009, 06:25 PM
PUTOOOOO   ----------------Those are the main types, the f...   Mar 19 2009, 06:22 PM
Longleaf   I still need my question about mage answered. ._.   Mar 19 2009, 06:27 PM
PUTOOOOO   mage are fixed timing but just different timing w...   Mar 19 2009, 06:33 PM
Longleaf   Yeah, I already discovered the maximum sets/spins ...   Mar 19 2009, 06:41 PM
PUTOOOOO   well if you understand the whole concept then I do...   Mar 19 2009, 06:50 PM
Longleaf   Its too many spins man, but if I can somehow recei...   Mar 19 2009, 07:03 PM
Htd   Maybe you guys are making something up that's ...   Mar 19 2009, 07:49 PM
PUTOOOOO   if you got a physics form to measure the timing of...   Mar 19 2009, 08:44 PM
BaAaZoOoKaAa   yeah despite what many people think, trico spins a...   Mar 19 2009, 11:17 PM
pf4ugc4   very well, thanks for the clarification, i guess w...   Mar 27 2009, 07:02 PM

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 05:58 PM

Mocha v1.0.3 Skin Designed by
Web Design by Bytech