IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guests, read this to find out why you can't see most topics any more.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nak 60 70 80 BJSL
CreeDo
post Jan 17 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #21

R U TEH GUY WHO HAS THAT SITE
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 30

IGN: CreeDo
Main: Turtle

honestly I think you can switch them. But the trick is to find the right ones to switch... like the trico windchart you use for 1 spin facing <-- will be ok for 1 screen fork and SS with turtle because all 3 shots are pretty near angle 40, so a 40ish windchart applies. But the 2 spin --> charts wouldn't be any use cuz those are made for angles in the 60's, 70's, 80's and they're made for a shot with much different airtime.

I also think that the subtle adjustment of airtime that demon is talking about is probably overrated.

What I mean is, I understand that the basic adjustments of angle and power are completely necessary. What I think he's talking about is that in different winds, the 'angle of approach' is different. Like say a normal spin hits really well in 0 wind when, just 10 pixels before impact, the 3 balls are at a 45 degree angle. Now let's say in strong opposite wind, the shot will be falling onto the enemy's head at a more vertical angle. Therefore, at 10 pixels to impact, the 3 balls would be nicer if they were also at a more vertical angle like, I dunno, 70 degrees.

The difference in airtime between the first example and the second would literally be something like... 1/10th of a second. And if you're a super pro trico you can make that tiny adjustment to make a more perfect core-ass spin. But if you fail to make that adjustment, you still USUALLY get a nice hit, over 250 damage. If the balls drop vertically onto the enemy at a 45 degree angle, two will still hit nicely and one maybe just half-hits you and the ground. It's the difference between 265 and 300 damage prolly.

It gets more important the longer your shooting distance is and the more power you're using, the angle of approach for the 3.7 bar --> spin must be very precise because it's falling fast, and you'd prolly only get 200ish damage if you fail to account for the differences.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
XeeD
post Mar 6 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #22

A Little Chick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

IGN: Exc33d
Guild: ㅂㅌ♂ㅁ
Main: Ice / Turtle / Kal / Trico

Nak > Trico / Turtle

Nak: Half useful charts. Useful in a sense when theres enough power to burrow for shot 2, even though the charts are for shot 1. And also against wind when theres enough airtime for both shot 2's to hit. Anyway not convincingly accurate. In other circumstances, the formation of the land is important to determine the power. Like trico, power for nak is much more important than angle in the sense that using a higher power will give you a much better probability of hitting than a right angle. The thickness of land determines the power of burrow.

Turtle / Trico: ...i didn't understand a half of what creedo said after skim-reading it like 7 times = =, but i suppose i get the general jist of the debate. Personally, i don't think that trico 3in1 charts and turtle fork work very well together, means that you should use separate charts for each, but then again my chart for trico differs among every other published chart, so i guess being lazy to work out the factors and power change, i can't specifically comment. MaShin would be the one to ask though.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
CreeDo
post Mar 6 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #23

R U TEH GUY WHO HAS THAT SITE
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 30

IGN: CreeDo
Main: Turtle

lol I dunno half of what the fuck I'm trying to say either, no worries.

I think of each 'type' of trico shot as its own special timing shot with its own special windchart. There's the very short single spin facing --> that works up to half a screen.

There's the 2 spin --> shot that has angles and powers that are very very close to a typical 30-part formula like armor's 2.4 formula (except with trico it's like 2.6+). For half screen, Armor would use 75, 2.45... trico uses 76 2.55. Armor uses 60, 2.56 for 1 screen. Trico uses 60, 2.72.

If I use my easy 2.4 windchart with this formula, it 'almost' works. With my cheesy counting method, I just always use wind/2 (.5 wind factor) and then adjust more angles in stronger winds. With this trico 2 spin shot, I can still always use wind/2, but I just add or reduce power to make the hit, and this also makes it a good spin. In almost any opposite or tail wind, the wind factor is about .5 (actually .45). So I sort of 'convert' armor/turtle 2.4 to a trico windchart, but not really.

Then there's the left facing <-- 2 spin shot that's very similar to banpao (71 is 1 screen with this spin, while banpao uses 70). Again I can just use a known banpao windchart and 'convert' the same way, sort of.

But the best example of a true "turtle to trico" conversion is the 1 spin <--- shot.
Turtle ss half screen: 66, 2.0
Trico <--- 1 spin shot: 68. 2.14
Turtle ss one screen: 49, 2.42
Trico <--- 1 spin shot: 46, 2.51

You see how close they are? The exact same windchart will work very well for both. So when I play trico I am very good with 1 spin <--- and just "ok" with other spins :P

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
A-17
post May 16 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #24

Battle Axe
Group Icon

Group: BANNED!
Member No.: 262

Clan: None

QUOTE(Gabe @ Jan 14 2007, 07:28 PM) *

Yes but who plays Miramo. :X Random is the only way to go ro_emote_gg.gif

I LOVE playing nak on miramo, im fine with random too, only crappy maps for nak (IMO) is Both Stardust maps, Metamine (both), Metropolis (both), I can work with anything esle.
+Quote Post
Gio
post May 16 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #25

ZecaWylde
Group Icon

Member No.: 148

Clan: Destructo-clan

only crap for nak is stardust b

--------------------
IPB Image

You'll never walk alone - Liverpool F.C.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CUZ' A PIRATE IS FREE! YOU ARE A PIRATE
+Quote Post
pf4ugc4
post Jan 30 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #26

Wooden Hammer
Group Icon

Member No.: 847

IGN: ugc4
Guild: PF4
Main: nak

hi again, sorry im like spamming every nak topic, i know i should get a life =/ lol

first of all, the charts...

the 80 chart seems decently good, <- and -> factors are probably accurate, however the null wind and the factors around it dont seem to be correct to me. And also, 80bjsl for shot 1...wow thats so weird =S i would naturally find it inefficient because 1- requires many high angles 2- extreme accuracy cuz it uses higher angles 3- doesnt even reach 1sd lol! i used 75bjsl in my guide

the 70 chart...i hope thats not for shot 1, i think it is for shot 2, or at least lets hope so. =X it just seems quite off for shot 1, but this is a very useful formula ^^ i also have this in my guide

the 60 chart...hmmm u know, i always wished i did a 65bjsl...now im too lazy, but 60 sounds decent. looks accurate too, i should give it a try...the fact that there are no against winds makes me very happy, whoever did this knows wat hes doin...

yes bjsls for nak shot 1 are useful for shot 2, but lemme share somethin with u...O1dWonder and I were like nak brothers, and one day he showed me his full power wind chart. on the against side, it was shot 2 factors, and on the forward wind side, it was shot 1 factors. I thought it was genious! cuz i had spent a shit load of time trying to make my entire full power charts for each shot lol...but the reason he did that is because against shots are VERY hard to predict the curve...forward, easier, not easy, but easier...so yes use bjsls to aid your variety, but dont rely on them because i can tell u right now, they are not always very nice with duals jejeje
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 05:32 AM

Mocha v1.0.3 Skin Designed by
Web Design by Bytech