IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guests, read this to find out why you can't see most topics any more.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you think about these impressive angle/wind charts?
Coin-coin le Canapin
post Mar 3 2007, 02:26 AM
Post #1

Quack-quack the Dubbit
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 307

IGN: Canapin
Guild: FED
Main: Random ! (and Kalsiddon)

You know, those with a circle and a lot of numbers, or with a big board (with a lot of numbers too).
Do you use them?
Do you consider that using them with or without a calculator is kind of ''cheating'' -but not abusive-, or not fair-play?
What is the difference between doing that, or use a sort of ''shot simulator'' program on another windows ?
Do you consider that playing with "feeling shots" is the best and funniest way to play?
What about very simple charts like to know the angles 80-90 without wind... Or to know remove or add some power/angle using the wind power, but without calculate ''too much''?
What is, in your opinion, the limit between a fair-play and non fair-play gaming style considering these *very* precise charts ?

I don't have an opinion about that, i don't think i'll blame any player doing that (with a calculator or not), even if i could be frustrated to see it almost never miss a shot... I just know the angles 85-90 without wind, but it is approximative... I play only with feeling. Because i like the sensation when you drag your mouse, and you really feel how will be your shot's trajectory... And when it hits well ! You feel like you "were" the game you know... Hope you're understand what i'm saying... My english is not so bad but i have a lack of vocabulary. :o

--------------------
"Show you my attacking to the opponent who is in distant."
Source : http://gunbound.softnyx.net/07_avatar/02_a...mp;SCH=Hawk+Eye
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
1nsanemofo
post Mar 3 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #2

I stand among the voiceless millions
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 97

IGN: Reptar - LoL
Guild: Curse Gaming.
GBC:
GBNA:
Main: Support / Mid

Clan: Da Hobo Crew

Let the formula vs feel war starts, everyone knows I play forms, I don't use a calc or rulers, because I feel that if you're going to use them, you should never miss, because your math will never be wrong, and if you have accurate enough charts...ya...

I also am against people releasing the stuff they make to the public for leechers to come and steal to make themself look good, but whatever

--------------------
Hey I don't know if the billions will survive,
IPB Image
IPB Image
But I'll believe in God when 1 and 1 are 5.
+Quote Post
ANBU
post Mar 3 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #3

What is love?Love is playing every game like it's your last
Group Icon

Member No.: 42
GBNA:
Main: Turtle

Clan: The ACES of ACES

I guess I'm a leacher : s
I can find the 0 angle/power with no problem, if I were to make a formula. But I have no clue how to make wind charts. :(
+Quote Post
Gio
post Mar 3 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #4

ZecaWylde
Group Icon

Member No.: 148

Clan: Destructo-clan

well, ima tell my story then :P

when i had to transfer my account to GBS i was still a Golden Battle Axe, had never used formulas before but still could hit good shots, started playin boomer when had to transfer and started playin boomer...my main problem was that i loved to play random games, but couldnt hit at all with turtle, so i looked for a guide to have an idea of how to use it

BINGO, FORMULAS DISCOVERED

but then i pretty much started only with those 2.4 things with the "divide wind by 2", never used more than that on windcharts, but started to have a good feel to play only knowin what i had to use for my 0-wind shot to hit, and got very good with this after playin about 2 years like this ;P

i couldn't really use calculators or windcharts to play also cuz i started playin "tournaments" here in brazil (pretty much they would charge 5$ from each player and would give like 20k cash for the players who would win the tourneys ;P)

when playin a "strategy" type of game, you dont really have the time to calculate ur shots because u will need the delay after, and i felt this was the way i would enjoy more playin

but after 2 n 1/2 years playin like that i started to have MANY 0 wind angles (knew on my head like 8 angles/power or more that would hit 1sd when usin raon)

--------------------
IPB Image

You'll never walk alone - Liverpool F.C.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CUZ' A PIRATE IS FREE! YOU ARE A PIRATE
+Quote Post
ProfessorPap
post Mar 3 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #5

Take that, you silly ox.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 12

QUOTE(Coin-coin le Canapin @ Mar 3 2007, 03:26 AM) *

Because i like the sensation when you drag your mouse, and you really feel how will be your shot's trajectory... And when it hits well ! You feel like you "were" the game you know...

yea, totally.

this is why i never wanted to totally give up feel... because it's such a fun feeling to hit shots out of the blue.

i'll never be a very good player, but then it's only a game. blush.gif
+Quote Post
CreeDo
post Mar 7 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #6

R U TEH GUY WHO HAS THAT SITE
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

IGN: CreeDo

This kind of topic is like... the zombie in house of the dead that you just keep missing no matter how much you shoot at it.

I started by playing feel like anyone else, then a friend (2nd gunbound friend, and first guy to invite me into a guild) made a miracle over 1-screen shot using a full power 0-wind shot with boomer. I loved it so I asked for the secret and he sent me wood's high angle chart. Once I figured that one out I learned other full power formulas, then reduced power formulas, and then just every formula I could get my hands on. Then I made a site to collect and share these and became synonymous with gunbound formulas and eventually became the most famous player on gunbound ever.

The End

So I guess formulas have been cool for me, sometimes all the women and money make me forget that I have fun using them and I occasionally win games.

I would say that everyone should at least give them a fair try. If someone doesn't enjoy it, or they feel like it's ruining the fun, or it's too much work, or they don't get satisfaction hitting with them... they can just stop and go back to feeling. We're all gonna try feeling regardless of what someone says, but we're not all gonna try formula... in some cases because people criticise it. Judge for yourself before letting anyone else tell you the 'correct' way to have fun.

About whether it's cheating...
I don't feel like it's cheating as long as you don't have something very accurate do the calculating for you. Using a calculator because you can't multiply 15 wind by the .65 number on someone's windchart is ok... using a calculator to do 4*Sqrt((98*760*1.00)/(4*Sqr(250)*Sin(Rad(2*72)))) * (exact wind angle etc etc) is too close to aimbotting.

I think I get the most satisfaction when I use no assistance at all and memorize as much as possible so that I don't even have to glance at a printout. Players should learn to do this anyway just to save time. Being able to do it quickly is a big help.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hellic
post Mar 7 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #7

Mess with the head, and you'll get the shaft!
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

IGN: hellic (Steam)

Speaking of Creedo's old friends, one of buddies, Pond, says he knew you were you were "noob". Do you remember? Or is he just bullshitting?

--------------------
Nothing here to see.
+Quote Post
CreeDo
post Mar 9 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #8

R U TEH GUY WHO HAS THAT SITE
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

IGN: CreeDo

You're saying some guy named "pond" is supposed to be an old friend of mine? I don't remember him. It might just be that he changed his name though, ask him what other names he used.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TomCru1se
post Jul 11 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #9

Number one hyperactive knucklehead ninja
Group Icon

Group: BANNED!
Member No.: 536

IGN: TomCru1se
Guild: Rise

Clan: Elitist Bastards

speaking of windcharts...anyone ever notice that the windcircle in old interface is rotated sideways?
I mean the 2 markings that are indicate left and right dont align with each other
IPB Image
and notice the light blue arcs? I realized a while ago when making my windchart that they are different for every wind direction, so its a good way to know what windfactor to use for those really close winds where you cant tell the wind direction

--------------------
IPB Image
kesler is bestler
+Quote Post
HersheyPie
post Jul 11 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #10

Wooden Hammer
Group Icon

Member No.: 154

IGN: HersheyPie aka HersheyPiexD(GBWC)
Guild: PureZhun
Main: Trico

im formula player : ) feel is fun, but only after i know what im doing.
+Quote Post
iChoboCat
post Mar 8 2009, 06:40 AM
Post #11

A Little Chick
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,501

IGN: iChoboCat

lol. i guess im a leecher too. :D
i started with formulas for like 2 months ago and i dont us calculators. =/
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 04:11 AM

Mocha v1.0.3 Skin Designed by
Web Design by Bytech