IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guests, read this to find out why you can't see most topics any more.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something I cant figure out about formulas, To others here that make forms using physics.
1nsanemofo
post Aug 2 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #1

I stand among the voiceless millions
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 97

IGN: Reptar - LoL
Guild: Curse Gaming.
GBC:
GBNA:
Main: Support / Mid

Clan: Da Hobo Crew

To anyone that lives under a rock, I make 2 sets of formulas all the time, a dumbed down version (add .25 every 10 wind, or rounding BJSL factors) for fast shots, and the wtf accurate version I have just to say I have it.

The question I have is for accurate 0 wind powers, I measure from my own spot on a bot, but I can/will start using the origin if this question can be answered.

The common list of Gravs/Masses list each bot seemingly off, in the mass category. Take ice for example

All of these say shoot from the origin, and the origin is even closer to the enemy than the middle of a bot.

Ice - Listed Mass = 332

This, for angle 70, gives you a 2.78, and in NO planet is that going to hit.

This same mass does give an accurate 4 bars for angle 81 though, everyone knows 81full hits 1sd...

This is where Im having the problems, is there a way to determine the "right" way to do this, or does it take a prior knowledge of 0 wind and simply tweaking teh mass over and over again, because the numbers start to get off at farther distances, too

For the record

317 Mass for 70 gives a 2,72 answer, which is virtually right, the same mass for the 81 shot now gives a 3.92, completely off...

--------------------
Hey I don't know if the billions will survive,
IPB Image
IPB Image
But I'll believe in God when 1 and 1 are 5.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LichKingg
post Aug 2 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Anime Otaku
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 732

IGN: LichKingg
Guild: Ivan's guild. (keeps changing name so i'll just leave it @ that)
GBNA:
Main: turtle

Clan: The ACES of ACES

first of all, i'm assuming you're using tomer's constants (cuz i know ppl who use wayyyy different ones... seeing as they either don't use a velocity constant, ending up with a virtual time unit and different set of gravity/mass, or they use a different velocity constant, ending up with well.. a different time unit and different set of gravity/mass)

anyways, people tend to know ice 70 as 2.7 because they measure from center of bot.

If you measure from center of bot, your 1 screen distance is *usually* (depends on angle of your bot >.<) say around... 10 pixels shorter than if you measure from origin.

Therefore, when you say you are shooting 1 SD, and when someone measuring from origin says they're shooting 1 SD, you are shooting different distances, and therefore your 0 wind power will be different lah.

As for why you can't just change the gravity of the bot by your method, it is because you measured from center of bot, and the physics formula is designed to be measured from shot origin.
It's like asking why you can't do the above mentioned if you measure from 100 pixels behind the bot. doesn't work. Using the physics method of shooting requires you to measure from shot origin.

That is, unless you put somethign like: xdistance = real_xdistance-10 (cuz ur measuring on average from 10 pixels behind where shot originates from) in your physics calculator. tho i still don't see why you'd do that. Your results will still be inaccurate cuz the distance between center of bot and shot origin changes depending on the angle your bot is standing on.

i hope i answered your question.

o and i think u meant gravity when u say mass. everything falls @ the same speed in the same gravity (in a vacuum like GB!), so mass doesn't affect 0 wind shots.

--------------------
IPB Image
Waterloo '12 - Math: Financial Analysis/Risk Management
+Quote Post
1nsanemofo
post Aug 2 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #3

I stand among the voiceless millions
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 97

IGN: Reptar - LoL
Guild: Curse Gaming.
GBC:
GBNA:
Main: Support / Mid

Ya, whichever makes more sense :D

But, yes, you answered them to an extent, I believe I'm using Tomers (Shins? Dont know his IRL name :D)

What you said does make sense, Im just having a slightly hard time...grasping...how the shots origin can be 10 pixels closer to an enemy, which would in theory mean the shot would need, lets say .05 less power to hit each time, instead of .05-.1 more power, as they are 10 pixels closer measuring from the origin as opposed to measuring from the center, the way I always measured was prolly only 5 pixels away, top, I tend to measure from the eye of the bot, with armor/ice/boomer, te only 3 bots I play on a consistent basis

Thanks again

--------------------
Hey I don't know if the billions will survive,
IPB Image
IPB Image
But I'll believe in God when 1 and 1 are 5.
+Quote Post
BaAaZoOoKaAa
post Aug 2 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #4

GG Nubs
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,129

IGN: BaAaZoOoKaAa
Guild: GG
Main: Trico

From what I understand, you measure from different parts of the bot. I was actually confused the first time I did it with physics. I think the first bot I did was trico, and everything I came out with was .075 off on everything.
+Quote Post
LichKingg
post Aug 4 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Anime Otaku
Group Icon

GBNA:

you did trico as your first bot for physics calculator? :# thats ... interesting

trico was my last bot to add, and i think my calc underspins with trico :(

*sigh* i used the "final velocity angle = angle of rotation" method. ironically, encrypt's calc overspins cuz he uses the "final rotational angle = 90" method

which way did you solve your trico?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
PUTOOOOO
post Aug 4 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #6

Red Dragon
Group Icon

Member No.: 543

IGN: PUTOOOOO
Main: TURTLE

if u really want perfect mass just use that radar thinga majig and then aim full screen with a high angle and make sure you measure perfectly on the origin then take a screen shot and then measure the pixels on the powerbar and then you should know the rest :D

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
There are no borders to ingredients - Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
Let the ingredients rest in peace - Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
Don't struggle to be different just for the sake of being differen t- Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
Respect the old and search for the new - Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
+Quote Post
xDemonessx
post Aug 4 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #7

NOPE
Group Icon

Group: Red Dragon
Member No.: 48
Guild: NEET
Main: TROLL

Clan: None

QUOTE(PUTOOOOO @ Aug 4 2008, 08:47 PM) *

if u really want perfect mass just use that radar thinga majig and then aim full screen with a high angle and make sure you measure perfectly on the origin then take a screen shot and then measure the pixels on the powerbar and then you should know the rest :D

yea cause its just that simple. dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
PSA: WE HAVE A CHATROOM @ IRC.RIZON.NET #GBHQ
USE IT
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mezz
post Aug 4 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #8

Red Dragon
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5

IGN: mezz
Guild: nS`T
Main: Trico, Turtle

I stopped playing about the same time that I felt like I had solved Gunbound mathematically :(

If your formula works with certain constants at one distance and not at another, try new constants. Make two 0-wind shots, one that's about 400 pixels away and one that's about 800, and then you can solve for gravity and mass since you have everything else.

To find the shot origin, I took a shot at 90 degrees and fraps'd it for a few seconds, and then lowered my angle all the way down and did the same. Where they intersect is the origin. It's also typically where the angle marker circle's center is, although some bots might be weird.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LichKingg
post Aug 5 2008, 06:33 AM
Post #9

Anime Otaku
Group Icon

GBNA:

meaning u solved boomer hooks? :O

i still can't find what force affects it.... MaShin keeps saying its a "special" force to tease me :(

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 10:04 PM

Mocha v1.0.3 Skin Designed by
Web Design by Bytech