IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guests, read this to find out why you can't see most topics any more.

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KS Calc for Raon on your TI-83!, (Ruler recommended)
7slayer7
post Dec 20 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #21

Ci vis pacaem, para bellum
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

IGN: Relentless
Guild: ACES
GBNA:
Main: Mage/Kal

Clan: The ACES of ACES

here's the thing nic. If someone takes the time to find their own formula and make their own personal windchart all on their own, I have no problem with that.

I think that you are taking a far too fatalistic assessment of the formula situation. The dam is not yet burst, but posting shit like this is hurting the feel players' cause. Perhaps that's why i respond the way i do. Because my discipline of play is being actively coerced into resorting to formulas (esp the new players, since their feel is not yet developed enough to be able to hold their own against those who formulate).

If you are as much of a feel player, and dislike the fact that you are being caused to formulate as much as you let on in previous conversations, i find myself wondering why you feel justified in not just sitting idly by but in defending those who are attacking your method of play.

Please nic, enlighten me.

--------------------
"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair- but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip."
-Patrick Bateman
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaonFlavor
post Dec 20 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #22

Proud Raoner
Group Icon

Member No.: 697

IGN: RaonFlavor
Guild: Raoners
Main: Raon/Turtle

This would all lead back to the debate of what "feel" is.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hellic
post Dec 20 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #23

Mess with the head, and you'll get the shaft!
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

IGN: hellic (Steam)

QUOTE(RaonFlavor @ Dec 20 2007, 10:31 PM) *
This would all lead back to the debate of what "feel" is.
I'm as much as a formulator as you can get. Using calculators is definitely considered "formulating", and perhaps even aimbotting.

--------------------
Nothing here to see.
+Quote Post
ProfessorPap
post Dec 20 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #24

Take that, you silly ox.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 12

here's the thing nic. If someone takes the time to find their own formula and make their own personal windchart all on their own, I have no problem with that.

and does that mean you have problems with the other 99.9% of formula users? you know, the ones who didn't create their own stuff?

The dam is not yet burst

horse-pucky. the damn burst a long time ago when droves of people started posting formulas online and much larger droves of people started using them. the internet is now full of public GB formulas and players use them all the time in all the various GB versions, including everyone in this thread.

If you are as much of a feel player, and dislike the fact that you are being caused to formulate as much as you let on in previous conversations, i find myself wondering why you feel justified in not just sitting idly by but in defending those who are attacking your method of play.

because they're not "attacking my method of play", that's why.

they're playing the game the way that's fun for them and they're not concerned with how it affects feel players. once i properly understood that it was hard to really stay mad at them. i adjusted my goals and moved on.

and i reiterate what i said earlier- what is posted in this thread is nothing new, and if formulas become even more widespread than they are now then it may one day be necessary for me to master the 'yoyo' systems to stay competitive... thus, what john posted has value for me, not to mention it has value for raon players which is aobviously something i appreciate.
+Quote Post
7slayer7
post Dec 20 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

GBNA:

QUOTE(ProfessorPap @ Dec 20 2007, 09:36 PM) *

because they're not "attacking my method of play", that's why.

they're playing the game the way that's fun for them and they're not concerned with how it affects feel players. once i properly understood that it was hard to really stay mad at them. i adjusted my goals and moved on.

and i reiterate what i said earlier- what is posted in this thread is nothing new, and if formulas become even more widespread than they are now then it may one day be necessary for me to master the 'yoyo' systems to stay competitive... thus, what john posted has value for me, not to mention it has value for raon players which is aobviously something i appreciate.

thank you for making your true style of play clear.

--------------------
"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair- but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip."
-Patrick Bateman
+Quote Post
ProfessorPap
post Dec 20 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #26

Take that, you silly ox.
Group Icon

i'm pretty certain you've drawn the wrong conclusion, but you know what? fuck it. it's just as well because i've been getting real tired of your smarmy, condescending attitude lately.

so i don't live up to your high and mighty feel standards? boo-hoo.

i don't play raon the 'right' way? boo-hoo.

i'm worth attacking because i dare to support my friend and guildmate? boo-fucking-hoo.

this is not friendship IMO, this is masochism. so if this is what it means to be friends with you then you can jolly well fuck off.
+Quote Post
hellic
post Dec 20 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

--------------------
Nothing here to see.
+Quote Post
1nsanemofo
post Dec 20 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #28

I stand among the voiceless millions
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 97

IGN: Reptar - LoL
Guild: Curse Gaming.
GBC:
GBNA:
Main: Support / Mid

Clan: Da Hobo Crew

If you have the time and pure dedication you can make manual aimbot windcharts nowadays, you need about 20 zillion factors for different winds/angles, but it's doable, just very, very unpractical, my personal windcharts (I do all fixed angle, I like that style of shot, being a boomer player) are about 90% accurate within 1sd, and they get slightly less and less accurate after 1screen, due to needing to use distance factors and whatnot

--------------------
Hey I don't know if the billions will survive,
IPB Image
IPB Image
But I'll believe in God when 1 and 1 are 5.
+Quote Post
hellic
post Dec 21 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Look, let's stop talking about formulas and feel. We all know that's never going to end. There's something more important than an endless debate here: the breaking of a friendship. What can we do to mend it?

P.S. RaonFlavor, we appreciate your efforts to help beginners, but please refrain from posting any more calculator stuff. Windcharts, fine. Programs, please don't :)

--------------------
Nothing here to see.
+Quote Post
xDemonessx
post Dec 21 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #30

NOPE
Group Icon

Group: Red Dragon
Member No.: 48
Guild: NEET
Main: TROLL

Clan: None

nic, please dont blow this out of proportion. jordan can be a dick, but im attracted to dicks, and well i can be a heartless bitch.

you know me, this isnt news.

we just have different moral standpoints on certain stuff, and im just making it clear my tolerance for this is zero.

today i deleted a buddy off my list, Lucisfe ? i think - he invited me to his room to show me a bonus hack.

its been like one buddy a week ive lost to crap like that, i dont want to lose anymore. its kind of like me trying to convince you not to do drugs, or drink.

i hope you understand <3

--------------------
IPB Image
PSA: WE HAVE A CHATROOM @ IRC.RIZON.NET #GBHQ
USE IT
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ProfessorPap
post Dec 21 2007, 01:07 AM
Post #31

Take that, you silly ox.
Group Icon

mezz (PM), hellic, erin... thank you. <3

it's been a pleasure to know y'all to the limited extent possible through GB and GBGL and i am grateful for being part of this little community. GB would be a much, much, much, much more boring game without you people and this place to kick back in and shoot the shit.

in terms of friendships, i think you'd all agree that A) nobody should be forced to be friends with anybody else in life, and B) we all have to make clear our boundaries from time-to-time. if others refuse to respect said boundaries then see point A.

and erin, thanks for elaborating. i appreciate hearing about what people are thinking and feeling that makes them approach an issue the way they do.

QUOTE(hellic @ Dec 21 2007, 01:00 AM) *

P.S. RaonFlavor, we appreciate your efforts to help beginners, but please refrain from posting any more calculator stuff. Windcharts, fine. Programs, please don't :)

at the risk of appearing preachy, this is a great statement IMO. it's simple, direct, gives respect and sends the strong message that you want to send. much props.
+Quote Post
n00bb00ts
post Dec 21 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #32

You're a towel.
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

YOU GUYS.
NIC.
JORDAN.
BOTH OF YOU.
SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

Who fucking cares how who does what thru the game. I AIMBOT, HOW BOUT THAT? You guys met thru GB and related shit (i.e., GBGL). You guys interact a lot thru GB and said related things. BUT YOUR FRIENDSHIP IS NOT LIMITED TO THIS STUPID FUCKING INTERNET GAME, IS IT?? Seriously. Pap feels he is falling behind, what with the waves of form-whores swallowing GB whole. Can any of us, feel-gods not included, say we don't feel the same way? Jordan, this is one of the problems here. Your feel play is fantastic. But that only leads you to lean even more toward the anti-form side. You know what? Maybe you should both take your views on form/feel and sit on them and commence rotating. You know what I suggest? Play for the JOY OF THE GAME. If GB is no longer fun for you because you are too wrapped up in who's winning or who's using what methods, I think it's about high-fucking-time you find a new game. The fact that you guys are getting this heated over this disgusts me. You are better than this. Both of you. And you know what, melodramatic or not, but if you guys lose a friendship over this, you lose mine as well, both of you, whatever friendship there may be between us. I cannot bring myself to consider someone a friend who would turn on me for a way I play a game. You guys are getting entirely too wrapped up in this. It is my small, ignorant, feeble opinion that the two of you are losing sight of what actually matters. It's not winning. It's not who's using formulas, or cheat-sheets, or steroids, or wtf ever. It is a motherfucking game. You know why games got invented? So people had another way to have fun and entertain themselves.
You guys are losing sight of what matters. And no it's not even fucking having fun on GB. It's maintaining your friendship. If you two truly just don't like each other or don't get along, have at it.

OTHERWISE, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WIPE THE SAND OUT OF YOUR FUCKING VAGINAS. BOTH OF YOU.
This shit is getting too long. I could rant for days.

*EDIT*
Pap posted while I was working on this. Meh.

--------------------
IPB Image
FATAL ERROR: N00BSAUCE OVERLOAD
+Quote Post
7slayer7
post Dec 21 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

GBNA:

QUOTE(ProfessorPap @ Dec 20 2007, 10:40 PM) *

i'm pretty certain you've drawn the wrong conclusion, but you know what? fuck it. it's just as well because i've been getting real tired of your smarmy, condescending attitude lately.

so i don't live up to your high and mighty feel standards? boo-hoo.

i don't play raon the 'right' way? boo-hoo.

i'm worth attacking because i dare to support my friend and guildmate? boo-fucking-hoo.

this is not friendship IMO, this is masochism. so if this is what it means to be friends with you then you can jolly well fuck off.

I have not once attacked you personally.

That being said, you have my apologies that my poor word choice has (once again) lead you to read things into my posts that simply aren't there.

--------------------
-Patrick Bateman
+Quote Post
n00bb00ts
post Dec 21 2007, 01:57 AM
Post #34

You're a towel.
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

QUOTE(ProfessorPap @ Dec 20 2007, 11:40 PM) *

if this is what it means to be friends with you then you can jolly well fuck off.

Well, this is Jordan we're talking about. I'm afraid this is what it means to be friends with him, in some respects. But admit it Nic, that's why you love him. 2 weeks from now ya'll will have kissed and made up. I just know it.

--------------------
IPB Image
FATAL ERROR: N00BSAUCE OVERLOAD
+Quote Post
Toneh
post Dec 21 2007, 02:06 AM
Post #35

Bitches don't know 'bout my particular set of skills
Group Icon

Member No.: 115

Clan: Jean Chrétien stole my bike

This has turned in quite the e-drama fest.

*enjoys*

No but seriously. It's useless arguing over something totally suggestive. And even if it weren't, losing a friend over it isn't worth it.

I suggest agreeance with terms and bonding anew. 321 go.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ProfessorPap
post Dec 21 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #36

Take that, you silly ox.
Group Icon

QUOTE(7slayer7 @ Dec 21 2007, 02:41 AM) *

I have not once attacked you personally.

That being said, you have my apologies that my poor word choice has (once again) lead you to read things into my posts that simply aren't there.

PM'd
+Quote Post
StY
post Dec 21 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #37

Double Gold Axe
Group Icon

Member No.: 650

IGN: 5aintY
GBNA:

whoa reading hurts my eyes ._. reading hateful shit hurts even more

as much as we want to have power over what other people do, we dont.
+Quote Post
7slayer7
post Dec 21 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

GBNA:

QUOTE(StY @ Dec 21 2007, 12:41 PM) *

whoa reading hurts my eyes ._. reading hateful shit hurts even more

as much as we want to have power over what other people do, we dont.

we can only control our own responses.

--------------------
-Patrick Bateman
+Quote Post
hellic
post Dec 21 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

QUOTE(ProfessorPap @ Dec 21 2007, 01:07 AM) *

at the risk of appearing preachy, this is a great statement IMO. it's simple, direct, gives respect and sends the strong message that you want to send. much props.
I think it should apply to everyone :S

--------------------
Nothing here to see.
+Quote Post
TomCru1se
post Dec 22 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #40

Number one hyperactive knucklehead ninja
Group Icon

Group: BANNED!
Member No.: 536

IGN: TomCru1se
Guild: Rise
Main: Turtle

Clan: Elitist Bastards

QUOTE(StY @ Dec 20 2007, 04:51 AM) *

something tells me a TI-83 would be more expensive than a real aimbot >_>

laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
kesler is bestler
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 10:42 AM

Mocha v1.0.3 Skin Designed by
Web Design by Bytech