IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guests, read this to find out why you can't see most topics any more.

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This is genuinely important
Shere
post May 17 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #1

You spin me right round, baby, right round like a record baby.
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

IGN: TehShere
Guild: I forget? What the fuck is a guild.
Main: Bigfoot

First of all, I reordered the forums.

- Gunbound discussion forums got merged into General Gunbound. There's barely any discussion going on there, no need to split it.
- The Gunbound forum was moved down. I'm not going to delete it, there is no reason to. Some people still play the game and though I question their sanity, that is entirely their choice and I'm not one to impose.
- The shitty and pointless announcement forums were merged into one shitty and pointless announcement forum found in the Gunbound section. I don't care about that shit, but for those who do it is still there.
- I deleted the Rise forum, there hasnt been a post there since February and frankly I don't remember why it exists or who they even are/were. It's sitting in the archives, if you 'ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE IT BACK OH GOD PLEASE OR I'LL CRY' then just ask me in irc or on AIM or something.

Second order of business - I don't care.

I don't care about Gunbound, I don't care about this site, I don't care about these forums, and I don't care about you as an individual. Thing is, I currently have no reason to take this place away from you guys. The hosting and domain are paid until next year, and I like having the webspace for hosting things. However, something needs to be done. I am not going to do it. I've been left to my own devices for like three years now and I haven't played Gunbound regularly for much longer than that. I don't like the game, it is bad. This site is vaguely about the game, therefore I have no interest in doing anything with this site.

Where am I going with this? Most of you are teenagers, none-too-bright, can't type a full sentence, watch and enjoy anime like a blight on all that is anime (Man I love that word filter, was Lu.cky Star), and I don't like you. So I'm going nowhere with this. I was going to ask for someone - anyone - to come up with an idea or something for this site, but thinking about it, this can only end in tears.

I guess I'm just here to inform you that I'm gonna stop paying for this shit hole around a year from now when the domain expires. If we can somehow pull something together before then, and I'm completely willing to entertain any idea that can be followed through (read: It has to be realistic, it has to be something doable) then we'll keep this ship sailing. I am not, however, going to pay $10 a month for the next few years it takes this site to slowly die. That's right, this isn't dead. If you think this is dead, you haven't seen dead.

That's all I have to say.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Alexander The Great
post May 17 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Kill for religion
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 960

IGN: sgsdhdfh
Main: Cabbage Shooter

Clan: Phonetic Masturbaters

I reckon we should make the site a bit more serious, make it about general subjects(music and shit), you should also make people register and log in before they're able to see sections that could be any interest for them, That should make the community grow, which is what we're looking for, The thing is, the forums are mostly a place to hangout between friends, let's try and expand it a bit more, lets get people to join and well, post.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Toneh
post May 17 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #3

Bitches don't know 'bout my particular set of skills
Group Icon

Member No.: 115

Clan: Jean Chrétien stole my bike

I don't think we need any more people than what we have now. People that like each other already have each others' contacts outside of this site.

Let it die.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
epic
post May 17 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #4

Violet Wand
Group Icon

Member No.: 171

QUOTE(Can I Play With Madness @ May 17 2008, 07:48 PM) *

I reckon we should make the site a bit more serious, make it about general subjects(music and shit), you should also make people register and log in before they're able to see sections that could be any interest for them, That should make the community grow, which is what we're looking for, The thing is, the forums are mostly a place to hangout between friends, let's try and expand it a bit more, lets get people to join and well, post.

your playing with madness my young friend

QUOTE(armoredpundit @ May 17 2008, 09:15 PM) *

I don't think we need any more people than what we have now. People that like each other already have each others' contacts outside of this site.

Let it die.

this was fun while it lasted what can we do?
+Quote Post
Alexander The Great
post May 17 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Kill for religion
Group Icon

If GBGL-HQ has come such a long way, I'd find it a waste to just close iti all, if we put an effort on changing the main subject of the forum(used to be gunbound) there should be no reason why gbgl should be closed.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Pastry
post May 17 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #6

ATTENTION GETTER!
Group Icon

Member No.: 80

IGN: Pastry
Guild: Pandora
GBNA:
Main: Grub

QUOTE(Can I Play With Madness @ May 17 2008, 07:48 PM) *

So we'll have registered lurkers instead of Guest lurkers? That does nothing except raise the member population and nothing the community.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
1nsanemofo
post May 17 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #7

I stand among the voiceless millions
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 97

IGN: Reptar - LoL
Guild: Curse Gaming.
GBC:
GBNA:
Main: Support / Mid

Clan: Da Hobo Crew

Maybe because I play the game still I'm suggesting this, I'm not positive...

Anyway, as long as this qualifies as a "gunbound" forum, I still say GB discussion should be above the general chat, all the general people know where it is, and I'm going to quit typing at this point because I know its going on deaf ears.

The site has been fun while it lasted, and a year is a ton of time, who knows

--------------------
Hey I don't know if the billions will survive,
IPB Image
IPB Image
But I'll believe in God when 1 and 1 are 5.
+Quote Post
ProfessorPap
post May 17 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #8

Take that, you silly ox.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 12

i second this thread. it's time for shere to stop picking up the slack for this site.

this site has a buttload of history, and much of it is good history, but times change, boychick. it either needs to evolve or die.

if you're a person who enjoys this site then i ask you to put your best efforts and ideas into this thread. share your best ideas and knock off the usual "zomg lol" crap if you actually have a good thought.

i will support you as best i can for the time that i have left.
+Quote Post
StY
post May 18 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #9

Double Gold Axe
Group Icon

Member No.: 650

IGN: 5aintY
Guild: ACES
GBNA:

Clan: The ACES of ACES

gg, been fun
+Quote Post
Voldemort Schweisenmeijerhausenstrauf
post May 18 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #10

lolol got arrested for playing street hockey
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

We could just have a meeting of all the people who have been posting here for ages and try to figure out what we want to do with this place. This is the only place where some of us talk and we still all pretty much enjoy eachother so i see no reason as to why we should entirely kill this place. I still check here everyday because its something ive done over the last 3 years and i can't help but do it still. I dont know what everyone else thinks but i say we discuss things further :)

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Papercut
post May 18 2008, 02:42 AM
Post #11

lol
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Once I get a job again I'll pay for this shit
+Quote Post
monkeyfat
post May 18 2008, 02:53 AM
Post #12

A Little Chick
Group Icon

Group: Winner!
Member No.: 977

Sup faggots. In this post i'm just gonna spit out all my ideas, some of them might not make sense/be out of order, but i'm kinda just doing this fast, if people think it's a good idea I can define all my ideas down.

Alright, let's take a look at what this place is now. If we don't include general gunbound, the 3 most popular forums are general chat, retard hut and forum games.
This to me, along with pretty much the general posting style of 3/4 of the people who post here, say to me that this place should try and hit up some form of random *holds up spork* forum.

I think a forum setup such as some shit like this would work very well for the forum, and is pretty much all we need

- General announcements (Where we pretend we have important announcements)

- General chat (*cough*/b/*cough*)
- Newbie (Fuck you, new people introduce themselfs)
- Rage (bawwwwww, steam room, one of my favorites)
- Video games (post reviews, screenshots, high scores, challenges or whatever the fuck you want, I think that video games should be a major focus on the forum, as it's where it came from
----arcade (we should get a killer arcade on the site, would give us something to compete over)
- Music & lit (reviews, samples, torrents/whatever)
- Movies + TV (Same shit faggots)
- Tech support (you know it)
- Deep and (possibly) Meaningful (First person to notice this and make a post about it wins!)
- Pr0nz (8====D)

The site should also be given a new front page, which should be very basic, my idea would be to have a thread in general announcements, which would post a topic called 'best pics' or some shit, and anyone can post any pictures they think are worthy of the front page scroll, so admins just put the best of the best pics they find to rotate our front page, gives a good impression for new members coming here and seeing some fuckin ace picture.

Another idea I just had is, why not make GBGL a clan, because i'm guessing alot of us play online games alot, so why the fuck arn't we all combined in an online game clan, for every game. This way we could do things such as get new members easier, very good promotion of the site, could have awards and shit for getting certain amounts of posts eg. go up rank in the clan.
We could set up gbgl servers for games, start small, and try to work our way big :p

But yeah, we need to be more than just a forum, we need an extra catch.

And also, probably one of the only way we can revive this place to any sort of former glory, we need you loyal members to take the time and post, and not just post your bullshit, post interesting things, go looking for awesome links, post with proper english, and just don't be solid newfags.

I can't be fucked typing anymore, and if no one likes my ideas, i don't want to waste my time writing them all down.

Fuck you all.

+Quote Post
Nix
post May 18 2008, 02:56 AM
Post #13

Diamond Wand
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 41

IGN: Nix0r
Guild: ACES
Main: Turtle, Boomer, Trico

Clan: The ACES of ACES

I love you.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Voldemort Schweisenmeijerhausenstrauf
post May 18 2008, 03:36 AM
Post #14

lolol got arrested for playing street hockey
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

I <3 steve and lorik

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Papercut
post May 18 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #15

lol
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(lorik @ May 18 2008, 03:53 AM) *
- Deep and (possibly) Meaningful (First person to notice this and make a post about it wins!)

Aw motherfuck, you win
+Quote Post
xDemonessx
post May 18 2008, 06:58 AM
Post #16

NOPE
Group Icon

Group: Red Dragon
Member No.: 48
Guild: NEET
Main: TROLL

Clan: None

QUOTE(armoredpundit @ May 17 2008, 11:15 PM) *

Let it die.

This.

--------------------
IPB Image
PSA: WE HAVE A CHATROOM @ IRC.RIZON.NET #GBHQ
USE IT
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Alexander The Great
post May 18 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #17

Kill for religion
Group Icon

QUOTE(lorik @ May 18 2008, 03:53 AM) *

Sup faggots. In this post i'm just gonna spit out all my ideas, some of them might not make sense/be out of order, but i'm kinda just doing this fast, if people think it's a good idea I can define all my ideas down.

Alright, let's take a look at what this place is now. If we don't include general gunbound, the 3 most popular forums are general chat, retard hut and forum games.
This to me, along with pretty much the general posting style of 3/4 of the people who post here, say to me that this place should try and hit up some form of random *holds up spork* forum.
I think a forum setup such as some shit like this would work very well for the forum, and is pretty much all we need

- Video games (post reviews, screenshots, high scores, challenges or whatever the fuck you want, I think that video games should be a major focus on the forum, as it's where it came from
----arcade (we should get a killer arcade on the site, would give us something to compete over)
- Pr0nz (8====D)

The site should also be given a new front page, which should be very basic, my idea would be to have a thread in general announcements, which would post a topic called 'best pics' or some shit, and anyone can post any pictures they think are worthy of the front page scroll, so admins just put the best of the best pics they find to rotate our front page, gives a good impression for new members coming here and seeing some fuckin ace picture.

Another idea I just had is, why not make GBGL a clan, because i'm guessing alot of us play online games alot, so why the fuck arn't we all combined in an online game clan, for every game. This way we could do things such as get new members easier, very good promotion of the site, could have awards and shit for getting certain amounts of posts eg. go up rank in the clan.
We could set up gbgl servers for games, start small, and try to work our way big :p

And also, probably one of the only way we can revive this place to any sort of former glory, we need you loyal members to take the time and post, and not just post your bullshit, post interesting things, go looking for awesome links, post with proper english, and just don't be solid newfags.

I can't be fucked typing anymore, and if no one likes my ideas, i don't want to waste my time writing them all down.

Fuck you all.

Agreed emot-fappery.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Glam
post May 18 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #18

i like pink.
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 45

Clan: None

QUOTE(lorik @ May 18 2008, 04:53 AM) *

- Pr0nz (8====D)

Fuck you all.

I'm actually liking this idea. This is the most intelligent thing posted all year.
emot-psyduck.gif
+Quote Post
epic
post May 18 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #19

Violet Wand
Group Icon

Member No.: 171

idk, his user name is lorik. could he be trusted?
+Quote Post
ThaEmbacy
post May 18 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #20

~Ambassador~
Group Icon

Member No.: 272

IGN: ThaEmbacy
Guild: NoM3rCY
GBNA:
Main: Trico,Turtle and Kal

how about this

someone makes a verified paypal account

make a treasure trooper account

and we all whore ourselves on it to pay for the server=D

btw

lorik's idea is probably the best so far

keck has a guild on gb named GBGL

http://guild.gunbound.ijji.com/guildpage/m...?guildName=GBGL

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2017 - 06:12 AM

Mocha v1.0.3 Skin Designed by
Web Design by Bytech