Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention all Guests
GBGL-HQ Forums > Important Stuff > GBGL Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Papercut
You're probably reading this because you noticed that you can no longer view non-Gunbound sections without being a registered member.

Just click Register at the top, follow the necessary steps, and all the topics will once again be viewable.
ThaEmbacy
lol?
i think im the only 1 active at this time
epic
QUOTE(ThaEmbacy @ Jul 29 2007, 07:27 AM) *

lol?
i think im the only 1 active at this time

Papercut
There are 7 guests on right now, and during peak hours there's dozens of them.
ThaEmbacy
theres 7 guest,
Me,Psychedelia,google
and the anonymous user is of course u
1nsanemofo
Colin, its a very, very simple solution, make the strategy section of the forum private, with maybe a 20~ post limit on it,so all the lurkers at least would need to register to leech formulas
7slayer7
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Jul 29 2007, 08:14 AM) *

Colin, its a very, very simple solution, make the strategy section of the forum private, with maybe a 20~ post limit on it,so all the lurkers at least would need to register to leech formulas

that's the best idea i've heard all week
Voldemort Schweisenmeijerhausenstrauf
an awesome idea comming from mofo??? unheardof :O!
TomCru1se
eh i leeched my fork formulas from here before i joined...
it doesnt matter
this is a good forum
they will join sooner or later
1nsanemofo
Way back when I first came ehre good formulas were unheard of, and I leeched Maxxeh's turtle guide for basic powers and stuff, I registered 2-3 months later when I was interested in joining nS`T
ANBU
i started off visiting here just for the formulas xP
like tom said, sooner or later they'll all register!
mutantllama
I came here when GBNA came out to see what was going on about it.
mylord
i wonder what do guest think when they see the GBGL awesomeness.
1nsanemofo
"Why the fuck does everything FLY off topic by page two, why do the people in moderating positions not play Gunbound, why are people such spamtards here?"

Some general thoughts I'd assume
Nix
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Jul 30 2007, 08:36 AM) *

"Why the fuck does everything FLY off topic by page two, why do the people in moderating positions not play Gunbound, why are people such spamtards here?"

Some general thoughts I'd assume

Hey now.
Gio
nix plays gb :O

and it won`t go off-topic on every single thread by page 2...sometimes by post 2 it will already be off-topic
ANBU
the football thread is still talking about football ;D

i agree though, guests should gtfon lol and the register + post count before entering the formula section idea rocks, do it colin!
mutantllama
Some people will start spamming though for a post count.
ANBU
it's easy to put someone's post count to 0 :D
duda123
I've just registered :D
1nsanemofo
Mutant, you act like people don't already spam for post count purposes O_o;
7slayer7
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Jul 31 2007, 08:31 PM) *

*cough*Ivan*cough*

lol j/k

and see dan? your suggestion is already havingan effect on registrations! they are registering so as to presever their right to vew without registering! to appease the GBGL gods!!

rofl
Papercut
QUOTE(duda123 @ Jul 31 2007, 08:37 PM) *

I've just registered :D

Hell yeah, see that's what I'm talking about.
lawl. Most guests will think what mofo said. "Why the fuck are 70% of the moderation team nongunbound playing members"? rolleyes.gif
VanPike
someone told me there were cookies in it for me
its been a year, no cookies yet icon4.gif
i want my cookies
GodisaIie
QUOTE(Voldemort Schweisenmeijerhausens @ Aug 1 2007, 03:01 AM) *

lawl. Most guests will think what mofo said. "Why the fuck are 70% of the moderation team nongunbound playing members"? rolleyes.gif

my first thought whe ni kame here was

"wtf there's no swear patch, *registers*"

THEN... it was wtf these people dont even play ghunbound LOL icon7.gif
mutantllama
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Jul 31 2007, 10:31 PM) *

I didn't know post count was important to people. blink.gif
Shere
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Jul 30 2007, 09:36 AM) *

why do the people in moderating positions not play

Because even if I dont play regularly anymore, I've still played longer than just about anyone here.
Sol
QUOTE(Shere @ Aug 1 2007, 11:17 AM) *

Because even if I dont play regularly anymore, I've still played longer than just about anyone here.

Riiiight no.
ProfessorPap
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Jul 30 2007, 09:36 AM) *

why do the people in moderating positions not play Gunbound?

Administrators

mezz - played with him within last month or two
Papercut - played recently according to a post
Shere - played recently according to a post
THE KING OF EARTH - played with him within last month or two

Global Moderators

Nix - plays regularly
ProfessorPap - plays regularly
Sammy - no idea
Stew - plays regularly

Forum Moderators

Jonny - no idea
ZecaWylde - plays off and on regularly
1nsanemofo
Getting shere/colin on is like pulling teeth, Monkeys timezones are all wacky in Australia, what a crazy motha fucker he is, Mezz I dont see on often, Nix plays, Pap you play, sammy quit, I didnt even know they get stew mod, Jonny quit, zeca's off and on
ANBU
zeca plays, he's just on vacation :O
Stew
I didnt even know they get stew mod

I was a moderator for the General Chat section for a couple months...then I gave up GB about a year ago, stayed active on GBGL for 2 months after that, only visited the site a few times for a few months, created a new account in January because the site was vanquished once more I think. Then last week I came back and asked Colin to reinstate my moderating position if I stayed active andddddddddddd here I am. :D Long, complicated story, eh?

Guests eventually join for a variety of reasons....I suppose they now have another haha.

So that means everyone that has been here for 2 + years is a mod/admin besides me :D. icon10.gif
Shere
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Aug 1 2007, 02:44 PM) *

Getting shere/colin on is like pulling teeth

You do not appear to be a dentist. Getting me to play is perhaps more like trying to get me to do something less interesting than whatever it is I'm doing at the time.
Gio
well I'm not even a mod anyway :P but yeah I'm not playin because I'm on vacation...and I need to fix my computer (posting from my cousin's laptop)
mutantllama
QUOTE(Voldemort Schweisenmeijerhausens @ Aug 1 2007, 05:05 PM) *

So that means everyone that has been here for 2 + years is a mod/admin besides me :D. icon10.gif

You were an admin for a little bit when the site got hacked.
geLid
QUOTE(mutantllama @ Aug 2 2007, 08:33 AM) *

emot-iceburn.gif

and i think the limited access is a great idea myself... but it will promote those annoying one word replies from random people. i.e. "lol" and "rofl".
1nsanemofo
Then those people can get the ban hammer for being morons
Gabe
I've been here since GBGL-HQ opened, like 2001 or 2 :X
Gio
I've been here since one friend of mine started direct-linking stuff from gbgl to his forums, and he asked me to talk with you guys since he couldn't speak english :P
Sammy
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Aug 1 2007, 01:44 PM) *
Getting shere/colin on is like pulling teeth, Monkeys timezones are all wacky in Australia, what a crazy motha fucker he is, Mezz I dont see on often, Nix plays, Pap you play, sammy quit, I didnt even know they get stew mod, Jonny quit, zeca's off and on

WTF I didn't quit. I never said that. I took a break earlier this year because I was trying to graduate and now I've been playing every weekend for about a month.

Also I played with mezz this past weekend.
Sol
QUOTE(Gabe @ Aug 2 2007, 11:01 AM) *

I've been here since GBGL-HQ opened, like 2001 or 2 :X

Heh I remember when Rizz was in charge, after GBHQ died. Bastard took so many shots at the GBHQ community, was so funny.
1nsanemofo
Ah Sammy, my bad then, I havnt seen you on myself in ages =(
ProfessorPap
QUOTE(1nsanemofo @ Aug 2 2007, 04:01 PM) *

Ah Sammy, my bad then, I havnt seen you on myself in ages =(

ooh lala!
QUOTE(mutantllama @ Aug 2 2007, 06:33 AM) *

no shit asshole.
Stew
Justin I didn't even know you were here for 2+ years...whoa.

I'm not exactly sure of the date I joined. But it was right before the second last frequent of the league seasons ended. I know there were one or two spread out here and there throught the past couple years but needless to say the actual League has been vanquished.
Sammy
Why do half the threads that go off-topic end up with people talking about the "good old days" and "I've been here longer than you therefore you are inferior" crap.
Stew
QUOTE(Sammy @ Aug 2 2007, 06:58 PM) *

Why do half the threads that go off-topic end up with people talking about the "good old days" and "I've been here longer than you therefore you are inferior" crap.

Well the superiority complex of "GBGL seniority" hasn't been pulled out in THIS thread...yet. And it's certainly not something to get irritated over...
7slayer7
QUOTE(Stew @ Aug 2 2007, 04:33 PM) *

And it's certainly not something to get irritated over...

Indubitably. Even if perchance it WERE a claim with any credence, it would yet be piteous that their assertion of superiority be based on a thing so absurd as a forum...

as such, the stated complex would best be source to merriment, not vexation.

*edit*

AM ARE TEH SHAKESPEARE*

*see also: complete retard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.